Tuesday 11 March 2014

Something or Nothing ?

A few hours ago @CannongateBooks tweeted this picture with the accompanying words of "Page twelve, line two, word seven"

It is a copy of page 12 and on that page the second line word seven is "something"

At first glance the page appears to be the same but lots of analysis on this page needs to take place to uncover something we may have missed, if you have any theories please post them in the comments below.

*** Update *** we have had another tweet by @CannongateBooks - "Page 327, line 21, words 4 and 5"

If I can count correctly this gives us "is coming" so we have "Something is coming", anyone got a theory on what that something might be ?

*** Update *** We have had a third tweet - "'page 350, line twelve, word eleven and line thirteen word one'#StrakaNews "

So we now have "Something is coming you can"
*** Update *** another message from Cannongate, this time the word is "buy"

"Something is coming you can buy" - which doesn't fill us with a lot of confidence that this is anything more than a marketing ploy, but we will stick with it for now.
*** Update *** The next word has arrived "Page 440, line 11, word seven #StrakaNews" - "Something is coming you can buy signed"
*** Update *** The eight word has been revealed "page 21, line 16, word one" - "Something is coming you can buy signed books" - We are assuming the question mark isn't relevant here.

There we have it, the final piece of the puzzle, you can indeed purchase a 1st edition copy of S. from the Canongate books online store along with a signed bookplate.

10 comments:

  1. I wonder if it is anything to do with the Summersby tapes reference on this page ?

    I'll have a listen again when I can but that is likely to be tomorrow evening at the earliest

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe we should send a message back?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A third tweet, update the main post.

    This time it is a little odd that the picture sent is a .gif rather than a .png

    I don't think there is any animation to it, just an oddity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for keeping on top of this even if it turns out to be an advert of some sort!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please be a sequel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like it is pure marketing, but an interesting way of doing it !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Be sure to drink your ovaltine

    ReplyDelete
  8. My name is Mrs Aisha Mohamed, am a Citizen Of Qatar.Have you been looking for a loan?Do you need an urgent personal loan or business loan?contact Dr James Eric Finance Home he help me with a loan of $42,000 some days ago after been scammed of $2,800 from a woman claiming to been a loan lender but i thank God today that i got my loan worth $42,000.Feel free to contact the company for a genuine financial service. Email:(financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com) call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036

    ReplyDelete
  9. BE SMART AND BECOME RICH IN LESS THAN 3DAYS....It all depends on how fast 
    you can be to get the new PROGRAMMED blank ATM card that is capable of
    hacking into any ATM machine,anywhere in the world. I got to know about 
    this BLANK ATM CARD when I was searching for job online about a month 
    ago..It has really changed my life for good and now I can say I'm rich and 
    I can never be poor again. The least money I get in a day with it is about 
    $50,000.(fifty thousand USD) Every now and then I keeping pumping money 
    into my account. Though is illegal,there is no risk of being caught 
    ,because it has been programmed in such a way that it is not traceable,it 
    also has a technique that makes it impossible for the CCTVs to detect 
    you..For details on how to get yours today, email the hackers on : (
    atmmachinehackers1@gmail.com ). Tell your 
    loved once too, and start to live large. That's the simple testimony of how 
    my life changed for good...Love you all ...the email address again is ;
    atmmachinehackers1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. <<<I lost my job few months back and there was no way to get income for my family, things was so tough and I couldn’t get anything for my children, not until a met a recommendation on a page writing how Mr Bernie Wilfred helped a lady in getting a huge amount of profit every 6 working days on trading with his management on the cryptocurrency Market, to be honest I never believe it but I took the risk to take a loan of $2000. and I contacted him unbelievable and I was so happy I earn $22,500 in 6 working days, the most joy is that I can now take care of my family I don’t know how to appreciate your good work Mr. Bernie Doran God will continue to bless you for being a life saver I have no way to appreciate you than to tell people about your good services.
For a perfect investment and good strategies contact Mr Bernie Doran via Telegram : @Bernie_fx or Email : Bernie.doranfx01@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Posting Tips:
• <b>bold</b> = bold
• <i>italic</i> = italic
• <a href="http://abc.com">link</a> = link
• Delete your own posts by clicking the trash icon